The grades one, two and three students are invited to participate in the RHMS Poetry Contest.
This term students in grades 1-3 are welcome to take part in our poetry contest! Brought to you by the Academic Committee, this challenge will focus on acrostic poems about any appropriate topic that interest the students. An acrostic poem is a poem in which the first letter of each line spell out a word or phrase. Some helpful hints for doing well are:
1. Decide on your topic.
2. Write your word down vertically.
3. Brainstorm words or phrases that describe your idea.
4. Place your words or phrases that you brainstormed on the lines that begin with the same letters.
5. Fill in the rest of the lines to create the poem.
6. The words you use do not need to rhyme.
The poems must be submitted to Ms. Iafrate or Mrs. Ingravalle's mailbox by Friday June 9th.
All information is posted at the front of the school by the elementary office. More than one poem can win, and remember to be creative! :)